If you are MIM® Certified and have undertaken the Best Practice in IT Major Incident Management Training, then you will have completed a DiSC® profile assessment. Your report has a much more detailed and personalized explanation of what having a S style means for you.
People with the S style place an emphasis on cooperating with others within existing circumstances to carry out the task.
A person with an S style:
- is motivated by cooperation, opportunities to help and sincere appreciation
- prioritizes giving support, collaborating and maintaining stability
- is described as calm, patient, predictable, deliberate, stable and consistent
- may be limited by being indecisive, overly accommodating, and a tendency to avoid change
- may fear change, loss of stability, and offending others
- values loyalty, helping others and security
- personal accomplishments
- group acceptance
- power through formal roles and positions of authority
- maintenance of status quo and controlled environment
Will need to expend more energy to:
- quickly adapt to change or unclear expectations
- promote themselves
- confront others
When communicating with the S style individuals, be personal and amiable, express your interest in them and what you expect from them, take time to provide clarification, be polite, and avoid being confrontational, overly aggressive or rude.
Leadership styles: Inclusive, Humble, Affirming
More detail, including your workplace profile, motivators, stressors and communication style, is available on completing your MIM® Cloud Academy™ DiSC® assessment.
DiSC® is a registered trademark of John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
MIM® is the professional body dedicated to serving global Major Incident Management professionals and their companies.