If you are MIM® Certified and have undertaken the Best Practice in IT Major Incident Management Training, then you will have completed a DiSC® profile assessment. Your report has a much more detailed and personalized explanation of what having an I style means for you.
People with the i style place an emphasis on shaping the environment by influencing or persuading others.
A person with an i style:
- is described as convincing, magnetic, enthusiastic, warm, trusting and optimistic
- prioritizes taking action, collaboration, and expressing enthusiasm
- is motivated by social recognition, group activities, and relationships
- may fear loss of influence, disapproval and being ignored
- values coaching and counselling, freedom of expression and democratic relationships
- may be limited by being impulsive and disorganized and having lack of follow-through
- victory with flair
- friendship and happiness
- authority and prestige status symbols
Will need to expend more energy to:
- research all the facts
- speak directly and candidly
- stay focused for long periods
- follow-through completely
When communicating with i-style individuals, share your experiences, allow them time to ask questions and talk themselves. Focus on the positives, avoid overloading them with details, and don't interrupt them.
Leadership styles: Energizing, Pioneering, Affirming
More detail, including your workplace profile, motivators, stressors and communication style, is available on completing your MIM® Cloud Academy™ DiSC® assessment. C® assessment.
DiSC® is a registered trademark of John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
MIM® is the professional body dedicated to serving global Major Incident Management professionals and their companies.
We create the best Major Incident Managers in the world.
Learn more www.mimcloudacademy.com and www.majorincidentmanagement.com