If you are MIM® Certified and have undertaken the Best Practice in IT Major Incident Management Training, then you will have completed a DiSC® profile assessment. Your report has a much more detailed and personalized explanation of what having a D style means for you.
People with the D style place an emphasis on shaping the environment by overcoming opposition to accomplish results.
A person with a D style:
- is motivated by winning, competition and success.
- prioritizes accepting challenges, taking action and achieving immediate results.
- may be described as direct, demanding, forceful, strong-willed, driven, determined, fast-paced, and self-confident.
- may be limited by lack of concern for others, impatience and open scepticism.
- may fear being seen as vulnerable or being taken advantage of.
- values competency, action, concrete results, personal freedom, and challenges.
- unique accomplishments
- new opportunities
- control of the audience
Will need to expend more energy to:
- show patience
- display sensitivity
- get into the details
- allow deliberation
When communicating with D-style individuals, give them the bottom line, be brief, focus your discussion narrowly, avoid making generalizations, refrain from repeating yourself, and focus on solutions rather than problems.
Leadership styles: commanding, pioneering, resolute
More detail, including your workplace profile, motivators, stressors and communication style, is available on completing your MIM® Cloud Academy™ DiSC® assessment.
DiSC® is a registered trademark of John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
MIM® is the professional body dedicated to serving global Major Incident Management professionals and their companies.